Some people believe that auto insurance is just a commodity - it isn’t.
All too often, drivers do not discover the importance of having adequate limits in place until after they have an accident. We are all concerned about saving money where we can, but trying to cut corners on your insurance coverage may cost you much more in the long run if you have an accident and are sued by the other party involved.
Thankfully, there are still some good ways to keep costs down; many factors such as your driving record, type of vehicle and vehicle use may provide discounts. Most auto insurance carriers also offer many other discounts. Depending on the carrier, this could include a discount for owning a home, for example. As your broker, we will seek out these discounts because it is our job to make sure you have the best possible protection at the lowest premium available.
Another way for us to ensure that you have the best protection at the lowest premium available is to examine your necessary coverage levels. There are several different levels of coverage that make up an auto policy:
- Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability. ( This is usually referred to as PLPD) This provides coverage should you injure someone or damage someone's property. This is the part of the policy that protects you in case the the other party is going to sue you.
- Uninsured Motorist: This pays for the damages that result from an accident caused by an uninsured motorist.
- Bodily Injury Protection: This offers medical coverage for the policyholder and his or her family, or a passenger (s) in the event of a collision, regardless of fault. It will also provide coverage for pedestrians who are hit by a vehicle. .
- Collision: Covers damage done to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from something other than a collision. Examples for this would be hitting a deer, broken windshields, theft or fire.
- Other Miscellaneous Coverage: This varies depending on the insurance provider.
As independent brokers we can provide you with various combination's of coverage from several different insurance carriers. We are not limited to just one insurance company so, please, contact us today! As your insurance broker, we will collect your information and provide you with free quote based on your wants and needs. With our access to the various companies we can offer competitive pricing.
Don't delay, give Pearson Insurance Insurance a call!